While skiing or snowboarding down Heavenly Mountain the views of Lake Tahoe are awe-inspiring. Heavenly is a destination resort village with skiing, snowboarding, restaurants, shops, ice-skating, live music, lodging and activities.
The 4,800 acres of skiable terrain, 3,500 vertical feet and 97 runs span the California and Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. The diverse terrain caters to every level of snowsport enthusiast and is composed of 35% advanced/expert, 45% intermediate and 20% beginner levels runs plus terrain parks. Heavenly is California’s largest resort. Snowmaking operates on 73% of the mountain trails.
Ski & Ride School
Heavenly provides both group and private instruction for adults and children of all levels of experience. Try a Park Clinic for those interested in learning how to ride the terrain parks.
Tubing at Heavenly Mountain
Adventure Peak has an extreme tubing hill for the family with five lanes exciting lanes dropping you 65 feet!
Dining at Heavenly and In South Lake Tahoe
- Before hitting the slopes at Heavenly, visit Higher Grounds for morning coffee and treats. After carving a few turns, enjoy a burger or chili at the top of the Gondola at Adventure Peak Grill. Try the Sky Deck Burger Bar for pizza and cold beers.
- For aprés ski, the Black Diamond Cantina is the place for authentic Mexican food, beer and tequila. Or head to Mulligan’s Irish Pub, a true award-winning representative of Irish pub life with its friendly service, Irish food and drinks.
The Lake Tahoe Area
- Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America. The lake water is 99.9% pure and it never freezes. Surrounded by snowy majestic mountains, the Lake Tahoe area is visually stunning.
- Outdoor adventures during winter include skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and tubing. After a day of adventures, the nightlife is filled with live music, dancing, casinos and shows.
- Well-known casinos such as Harrah’s and Harveys along with a few local casinos are on the nearby South Shore in Nevada. Visit the casinos for entertainment, dining, shows, shopping, poker and other gaming.